Calculate a horoscope. If you are not registered in the system, on the homepage there is a special form to calculate a horoscope, all required fields. The system puts dividing points and colons in the fields "Date" and "Time" automatically. In addition, next to the field "Location" there is the icon with the sign “?”. If you click it, you can see a prompt on coordinates and time zone (UTC):
Start to enter your birth place in the field "Location" and select it from the list. In this case, the longitude and latitude coordinates are written automatically. If there is no your birthplace in the list, it is necessary to fill in the fields "Latitude" and "Longitude" manually. For example, the following coordinates: 48°44'17" N. and 39°13'52" E., in this case in "Latitude" you enter 48.44 and in "Longitude" 39.14. You should not write 48.44.17 and the signs °, ' or ". If south latitude (S) and west longitude (W.), it is necessary to write "-", as for our example: - 48.44 and -39.14.
In the field "UTC" (as GMT) you should select the time zone taking into account the place and time of your birth. If in the coordinates there is west longitude (W), you should add "-", in the case of the east longitude (E), you should add "+" or do not add any signs. If there are minutes in the time zone, for example, in India: 05:30. In "UTC" you have to write 05.30 without ":".
The time zone in the system is not calculated automatically. It is difficult to create such database and maintain it. I do not want to misinform people writing the wrong time zone as, for example: Jagannatha Hora, Parashara`s Light and other programs. I recommend using the dual method to determine the time zone:
- "ZET" program: in tab "Horoscope" -> "Event data" you enter the data of birth and get the time zone
- Site timeanddate.com: you write the birth place in the search field and find the time interval (time of your birth) and, finally, take information from "Offset After" column (taking into account daylight saving time - DST)
If they show different time zones, in this case you can find in the Internet.
Authorized users can set settings of creation and calculation of a chart. The button is in the upper right corner of the screen of the analysis of the chart. If you are not authorized in the system, the settings on the screenshots will be used.
Analysys of the chart. The navigation menu is below the top of the screen. The main tabs in the analysis are "Main" and "Transit". "Structure", "Charts" and "Search" are the other sections. I will tell about them later. If I do not explain something now, I will mention it later. "Manual" of the user and "Settings" are close to hand as well as "Logout" of the system. In addition, in the upper right corner there is always the date of the last system update. If you click it, you can see all innovations. During a month after the update, next to the date you can see "new"
The following charts: Rasi (D1), Navamsa (D9) and Dasamsa (D10) appear on the sreen natively. Three charts are enough for a comprehensive analysis of the astrological chart. In the center of the chart there is information about the birth, list of divisional charts, functionality, which allow knowing the time when the ascendant changes and icon of change of the chart style for South (rectangle) / North (rhombus). It allows seeing the charts in two styles simultaneously. Retrograde of the planets - upper underline.
Below the charts there are the icons with additional functionality. They allow exporting a chart in the Astro program format, save a chart in PNG, share Web link to the chart or download the texts of interpretations in PDF, respectively. Here is the functionality to change the time of birth (without reloading the page) and basic data, including date and time of birth, sex, rating (Rodden Rating) and button that allows you to edit the birth data (the link "Go to editing in the «Charts» section" is necessary for cases where the description, notes and tags are changed). If there is no chart in the personal base, then instead of the edit button, the "+" button will be displayed to add the chart (in the pop-up window you can set the birth data and select the section to save).
The system is able to take some information of the chart if it is in the personal base of charts. Having entered the name, date and time of birth, you can see the arrow-link, which was discussed above, as well as events / tags, description and notes in "Periods". Charts in the personal base must be unique, otherwise wrong data can be downloaded. For example, add one and the same events / tags for one chart in different sections. It is better to work with one chart.
Below you can see all information about the astrological chart, which is divided into some tabs. General information of the planets, yogas, Ashtakavarga, special Lagnas in the tab "Other" can be calculated for the selected divisional chart. If you do not understand some abbreviations in the system "Vedic horoscope online", you should touch it and see a prompt text. Below there is a screenshot of the system (natively).
On the screenshot the system looks like this, if in settings you tick "Star".
If you are not authorized in the system, the page of the analysis of the chart looks like this.
General. Some columns should be explained:
- Degrees. If the Gandanta is formed (the boundary of the water and fire sign within 3.20 degrees), then a red "!" appears next to the value, if Pushkara, then green "!", when hovering on which you can see the refinement: Pushkara Navamsa, Pushkara Bhaga
- Sign. In case of Vargottama Navamsa a green "!" appears next to the value
- House. If Marana Karaka Sthana is formed, then a red "!" appears next to the value, if Dig Bala, then a green "!"
- Relationship. When the planet has the highest degree of exaltation/debilitation, you can see "!"
- FB (Functional beneficence). Benefic (B), Malefic (M), Neutral (N) and Yoga-karaka (YK)
- TB (Tara Bala)
- Avastha (according to the taken degree)
- Com. (Combustion in % according to BPHS). Moon – 12, Mars - 17, Mercury (R) - 14 (13), Jupiter - 11, Venus (R) - 10 (9), Saturn - 16
- MB (Mrityu Bhaga according to Parasara). The value appears, when less than 2 degrees are to the degree of death
- PW (Planetary war)
Under the general information is located Ashtakavarga, where the red color is allocated the position of the planet in the natal chart
On the screenshot placed below there is a chart in the North (diamond) style. There you can choose a divisional chart and learn the time, when the ascendant changes (sign "?").
When the ascendant changes. The data can be calculated for any divisional chart. Using these data you can know when the ascendant changes and its sign. On top of everything else, you can click the sign of the zodiac and a chart will be built with the specified time (only for authorized users).
Yogas. The system consists of over 200 combinations of yogas, including Solar, Lunar, Mahapurusha, Nabhasa and other yogas (Raja, Dhana, Parivarthana, Neecha Bhanga and etc). In the table there are the planets, which form yoga. In addition, you can choose only these yogas, you are interested in – if you click "All yogas" you can see a list of yogas.
Other. It contains special Lagnas, parameters of Muhurta, some additional calculations and impact on the house through the aspects and argala.
Summary. Here you can see positions of the planets in the signs and their relation in the divisional charts. In the system Shodasa Varga the first table, last column shows how many times the planet in the divisional chart was in the same sign as in Rasi (D1) with the appropriate name. In the system Shodasa Varga the second table, last column shows how many times the planet is in its own sign / moolatrikona or exaltation with the appropriate name. If you do not understand: Big friend (BF), Friend (Fri), Neutral (Neut), Exaltation (Exal), Moolatrikona (Mool), Debilitation (Deb), Big Enemy (BE), Enemy (Ene). After that the compound relationship between the planets are calculated. Moreover, you can choose natural or temporary relationships from the list.
Periods. Description, astrological notes, events and tags are available if they have been added to the section "Charts", otherwise, it will be written that this information is not specified. You can see description and notes in the popup window and events and tags are entered by the system automatically. If you add an event / tag to the section "Charts" and see the date – it is the event, you can see it in the table. If there is no date, the tag will appear below the table. If the event with comment, the sign "…" will be in the column "K". If you hover on it, you will see the comment. In addition, Vimshottari, Yogini, Jaimini`s Chara dasha by K.N. Rao up to Sukshma dashas are calculated for each event. If you click the sign "✬", the current period in dashas will appear. If you click "➟", a chart will be built in tab "Transit". If there is a comment for the note, the sign "#" will appear next to it. If you click it, you can see the comment.
Below the screen is divided into the left side – Nakshatra dashas (Vimshottari dasha and Yogini dasha up to Prana dasha) and right side - Chara dashas (Jaimini`s Chara dasha by K.N. Rao up to Sukshma dasha). You can see the current period of life ("now") and chosen period for each dasha. In the table, except date and time of the start and end of the periods, you can see the age at the beginning of the period. It is easy to understand a level of nesting of the period knowing the number of the signs: absence "-" (Mahadasha), "-" (Antardasha), "--" (Pratyantar dasha), etc. It is worthwhile noting that if the user is not authorized in the system, he can only see the information about the current and chosen periods and Vimshottari dasha.
Change the time of birth. This functionality allows you to choose the time of birth without reloading the page. If basic data were changed, the current data would appear additionally: day, month and time. If you click "Save", the page will be reloaded, showed adequate data in the address window of the browser. If in the personal base of the charts there is a chart with these data (name, date and time of birth), changes will be made there. I write about the tab "Periods" for some reasons. When you change the time of the birth, in the table of the events you will see additional columns for Vimshottari, Yogini and Jaimini`s Chara dasha by K.N. Rao marked "C" (current). In other words, now you can visually compare the initial ("I") and current periods. The periods that are different from the initial - underlined.
Rectification by divisional charts. It allows calculating the time of change of ascendants for selected division charts within 60 minutes. Let`s see everything in detail on this chart. A person was born at 11:10, taking into account the error in time of the birth, let`s fix the time from 10:50 to 11:50. Choose those divisional charts, where we can make rectification. For example, D1, D4, D6, D9, D10, D12 and D16 and click "Search". If the ascendant does not change in any divisional chart, the system will show the list, in this case, only D1. In the results of the search we see each interval of time, where the ascendant was changed even in one divisional chart. If there are some, all these divisional charts are grouped with one time. If you click the time, the time of birth will be changed in the chart. If you hover the cursor over the name of the divisional chart, you will see the sign of the zodiac, where the ascendant is changed. If you click the name of the divisional chart, all such charts will be highlighted in green. For example, we are sure of the ascendant of the chart D9, time 10:53:12. As a result, we should check only those ascendants of divisional charts, which are in the interval of time up to 11:13:10.
Rectification by tattvas. It allows calculating the possible birth time within 3 hours according to the Nadi method, described by S.Rao. Different characteristics are taking into account in calculations, one of them - sex, so do not forget to write it. In addition, it is important the time of rising of the sun, therefore, the system takes into account the error of the sunrise ± 10 minutes. "!" will appear near the time. In case of the divisional charts, if you click the time, the birth time will be changed in the chart.
Compatibility. First of all, there is only a form of data input for a partner. You can select a chart for compatibility from the base of personal charts (all of them are sorted in the alphabetical order) and write all data manually. Do not forget to write sex, it is very important for calculation. Compatibility can be calculated not only by the Moon (natively), but also by Ascendant, Sun, Mars and other planets. You have to click "Build a chart in a new tab" to analyze a chart of the partner in detail. If you click "Calculate compatibility", a chart of the partner is created, auxiliary data, Ashtakuta and additional Kutas are calculated.
If it is Ashtakuta, on the right hand there is the score (even maximum) for each Kuta. If there are no scores, Kuta will be red. If there is a maximum score, it will be highlighted in green, otherwise - grey. If there is an exception, you can see it near the scores, for example, "#1". If it is the additional Kuta, you can see "OK" (condition is satisfied) or "NO" (condition is not satisfied), coloring the element. If you click one of the Kutas, you will be able to read information about it. Additional information (you will see the texts if you hover a cursor over the name):
- Lords` attitude: it shows attitude of the Lord of the sign / nakshatra of one partner to another
- Position of As, Mo, Su, UL: it shows mutual position of Ascendant, Moon, Sun and Upapada between man and woman
- Bindu in Ashtakavarga Mo: you can see Bindu in Ashtakavarga of the Moon of the partner in the sign where the Moon of another
Full information in Kutas looks like: each of them has general description, information of a man and woman, used for the analysis of Kuta, conditions of formation and exception (where available). When any condition or exception is fulfilled, it is marked with "+" and put in bold.
Prashna. Here are realized all 16 Tajaka Yogas. When you hover over the icon, indicating yoga, its will be displayed a name and results. Clicking on the "Yogas" will pop up a window with detailed information on the designation of each yoga and the condition for its formation (in the notes, with the exception of converging and diverging aspects, opinions are given that are not taken into account in the calculations):
In the calculation table of the yogas the planets in the first column in the role of fast planets, and in the first line - in the role of slower planets. Orbs of influence (Deepthamsha): Sun - 15°, Moon - 12°, Mars - 8°, Mercury - 7°, Jupiter - 9°, Venus - 7°, Saturn - 9°
- Vartamana-ithasala Yoga (Ithasala Yoga) - I
- Purna-ithasala Yoga (Muthasila Yoga) - M
- Bhavishya-ithasala Yoga - I (not taken into account when other yogas are formed)
- The mutual aspect is displayed above the name of yoga (green is favorable, red is unfavorable)
- Note: If a faster planet moves retrograde, being in front of a slower one, then the Ithasala Yoga (with "*") will be displayed in the table, because logically the fast planet will catch up with the slower one. On the other hand, such a position can be interpreted as the formation of a bright Esarapha Yoga
- Esarapha Yoga - E
- Musaripha Yoga - M
- The mutual aspect is displayed above the name of yoga (green is favorable, red is unfavorable)
- Note: If a faster planet moves retrograde, being behind the slower one, Esarapha yoga (with "*") will be displayed in the table, because logically the fast planet moves away from the slower one. On the other hand, such a position can be interpreted simply as the absence of Ithasala Yoga
With the participation of an mediator planet:
- Nakta Yoga and Yamaya Yoga - Mo (the mediator planet will be displayed)
- The participating yogas are displayed above the name of the mediator planet: I - Ithasala/Muthasila Yoga, E - Esarapha/Musaripha Yoga
- Note: Sometimes it is claimed that the mediator planet must be between Lagnesha and Karyesha
Destroying Ithasala Yoga:
- Manayu Yoga, Khallasara Yoga and Rudda Yoga - ✘ (displayed next to the aspect)
- Note for Manayu Yoga: Sometimes it is claimed that Mars/Saturn should be in conjunction or aspect the faster planet
- Note for Rudda Yoga: Sometimes it is claimed that defeats must be present in a faster planet
Amplifying Ithasala Yoga:
- Kambula Yoga, Gairi-kambula Yoga and Duhphali-kuttha Yoga - ✔ (displayed next to the aspect )
- If Ikabala Yoga (★) or Induvara Yoga (★) is formed, then next to the inscription "Yogas" the corresponding icon will be displayed
- Favorable yogas: Dutthotha-davira Yoga, Tambira Yoga and Kuttha Yoga - ★
- Unfavorable yoga: Durapha Yoga - ★
- Note for Tambira Yoga: Sometimes it is claimed that Karyesha should be at the end of the sign and form Ithasala Yoga with Lagnesha
Export a chart. Let`s talk about additional buttons, which are below the astrological charts. If you click the icon with the text "Export a chart (other data) to PC", there will be a window. You will write a name for the chart and choose a program for export: Jagannatha Hora, Parashara`s Light or Grahas. If you are authorized in the system, you can save description, notes and events / tags in "htm" additionally. It will be opened with any Web-browser and Microsoft Word program. If you export only a chart, you will download a file manually. If there is additional information, all information will be in "zip". If you choose "Other data should be saved in one document", the system will combine description, notes and events / tags in one file, otherwise, they will be saved in separate files. If there is no data, the system will not save an empty file.
If other data are stored in one document, the content of "htm" file looks like this. It is worthwhile noting that you can see comments in square brackets.
Save a chart. If you click the icon with the text "Save a cart (other data) in PNG", you will see a window where you can choose the following parameters:
- Name of the chart: a document will be saved with this name. The same name will be in the center of the chart, if you choose the south style
- Show or hide the birth data (only for the south style)
- Select any number of dvisional charts
- Style and view of the chart
- Brief information: planet, its degrees up to the minutes, Chara Karaka, zodiac sign and Nakshatra. The Lord of Hora is saved as well
- Yogas: all yogas are saved without the column "Conditions of formation"
- Ashtakavarga: one table is saved, including Ashtakavarga of the planets and Sarvashtaka Varga
- Dasha: in the list there are the dashas, which are open in tab "Periods"
- Events / tags: you can see each category in a separate line, in square brackets there are comments
Pay attention to the texts with "*", I think everything is understand with yogas and Ashtakavarga, choice of a divisional chart is next to all tabs. I give you some examples concerning the periods. For example, in Vimshottari dasha you choose the period Mo/Ju, the period of the Moon, sub-period of Jupiter and all sub-sub-periods of Jupiter will be shown. If you do not want to choose any period, all main periods will be shown. Brief information can be shown both for all selected divisional charts and D1. In addition, you can save only data from the tab "Other" without a chart. It is interesting to note that the saved charts look like on the screen. Taking into account all conditions, the system put all elements beautiful.
Below there are two saved charts. On the 2nd chart information about birth is hidden and brief information is shown in the column.
Share a link. If you click the icon with the text "Share WEB link to the chart", you will see a window with two types of the links: short and full. If you are not authorized in the system or there is no a chart in the base of personal charts, it is full. A short link looks like this vedic-horo.com/Xl6ox0, the length is always fixed - 6 symbols after the website address. If you write a short link in the address window of the browser, you will follow the full link. But there is one more detail, if you do not choose "All", a chart with a short link can be opened by a person who has the chart in the base, otherwise, a user will be notified that the chart with a short link is only for personal access. This parameter can be changed in Settings (General), the field "Charts with short links are available for all". You will give a name to full link or make it anonymous. You can click the text of the link and choose it.
Download interpretations. If you click the icon with the text "Download interpretations in PDF", you will see a window where you can choose information, you would like to download. You should pay attention to the note below. However, you can download texts with interpretations in PDF and read them directly in the system. In the natal chart in the upper left corner of each square there are the zodiac signs and in the right corner – houses. If you click them, you will have full information. In the tab "General" you can receive detailed information about each planet, interpretation about position of the planets in the sign and house, position of the Lord of the house as well as characteristics of nakshatra. Sorry, but no information in English yet.
Varshaphala. You can build a chart for the year, including for a month, age is also displayed. The following data is calculated on this page:
- "Degrees", "Sign", "House", "Nakshatra", "Relationship", "Lord", "Functional Beneficence", "Bindu", "Combustion" and "Mrityu Bhaga"
- The periods of Vimshottari, Yogini and Chara dasha Jaimini K.N. Rao at the moment time (time changes when choosing the period in Muddha dasha)
- Harsha Bala, Pancha Vargiya bala and Dwadasa Vargiya bala and also 5 candidates for the Lord of the year showing whether there is the aspect to Varsha Lagna. In addition, Muntha (in the chart - Mu) is calculated. Taking all conditions and exceptions, described by K.S.Charak, the Lord (Varshesha) is also calculated.
- Additional, are calculated all the 16 Tajaka Yogas that were discussed earlier in the "Prashna" tab. In addition, the most popular dasha - Mudda dasha is calculated showing age, date and time of the start and end of the period.
Also here you can calculate Ashtakavarga and Sahams.
Calendar. On this page you can build a transit chart for the specified date, time and place (by default into the form set the data that is specified in the settings). Here the following functional is realized:
- Calculation of general information: "Degrees", "Sign", "House", "Nakshatra", "Relationship", "Tara Bala", "Bindu", "Kakshya", "Combustion" and "Mrityu Bhaga"
- Calculation of the parameters used to select Muhurta: "Sunrise", "Sunset", "Brahma Muhurta", "Abhijit Muhurta", "Rahu Kala", "Gulika Kala", "Yamagandam", "Ayana", "Ritu", "Masa" (Kshaya and Adhika), "Panchaka", "Tara Bala", for the following parameters also calculate the period: "Vara", "Tithi" (Kshaya and Adhika), "Karana", "Yoga", "Nakshatra", "Sign" (Chandra Bala), "Ascendant", "Navamsa", "Hora", "Choghadiya", "Muhurta", "Nadika" and "Vara/Tithi/Nakshatra yogas". In addition, each value is highlighted in green/red/ gray depending on the favorability, when you hover over which, if there is a description, the corresponding text appears, and when you click on periods you can scroll back and forth (also you can change +- minutes, hours, days and months)
- The calculation of the periods for each planet during which it is in one or another sign, as well as the periods during which it is in direct (D) or retrograde (R) motion, by clicking on which one can also scroll the values back and forth. The specified dates go with an error within a day, by the click the data is set in the form with an error of no more than 10 minutes
- Building a calendar for the selected year and month (button «Calculate for a month»): "Sunrise", "Sunset", "Brahma Muhurta", "Abhidjit Muhurta", "Rahu Kala", "Gulika Kala", "Yamagandam", for the following parameters also calculate the period time: "Tithi", "Karana", "Yoga", "Nakshatra" (Tara Bala) and "Sign" (Chandra Bala). By clicking on any time you can build a chart. In addition, for the calendar is available a data filter by categories "Vara", "Tithi", "Karana", "Yoga" and "Nakshatra", also here you can choose to satisfy the conditions from each marked category or any of the conditions. In the calendar itself, you can select the day that the chart will be build, and also have a "Today" button for convenience
- Ability to overlay a transit chart on the natal (button-link "Overlay"). In the pop-up window shows the position of the planets in the house from the natal Moon and Ascendant in Rasi and Navamsa charts and "!" shows the presence of Vedha. You can see also bindu in Ashtakavarga, degrees to accurate aspect (arrow) and conjunction (point) of the transit planet with natal.
- Calculation of 21 Maha Dosha with a detailed description and indication of its presence/absence, as well as a combinations of neutralization of unfavorable Doshas.